Transfer to another graduate research degree (not to a PhD)

If you're currently enrolled in a research degree use this form to apply to transfer to a research degree other than the PhD.

Download application form

  • Use this form if you want to transfer form a research degree (eg. from a PhD, MPhil or doctorate) to a research degree other than a PhD (see transfer to a PhD).
  • It's best that you apply within the first six to 12 months of candidature.
  • A transfer from one graduate research degree to another is considered a continuation of your studies and any candidature time you have already completed will be credited in your new course.


If you're seeking to convert your degree from Masters (by Research) or another doctorate to a PhD, see transfer to a PhD.

Next: Apply for an extension