Orientation Day for Graduate Researchers provides a welcome to all graduate researchers (PhD, Professional Doctorate, Masters by Research or MPhil candidates) who are new to the University of Melbourne or a graduate research degree. The day introduces you to the comprehensive research training and professional development services available at the University.
Induction into your graduate school
Induction is hosted by your graduate school or department and introduces you to your local graduate research community.
On the day, your graduate school will:
- Introduce you to the local workspace, available facilities, your support team and colleagues
- Make sure you are aware of other contact points that will help you throughout your degree (eg key staff, facilities and support)
- Advise you of procedures, such as health and safety practices and examples of research practice relevant to your discipline
- Talk to you about seminars and conferences that may be of interest to you.
International Student Briefing
The online International Student Briefing is mandatory for all new international graduate research students. It must be completed before you start studying at the University.
In the briefing, you will find information about:
- Public transport
- Housing and accommodation
- Your rights in Australia
- Your responsibilities as a student visa holder
- Health services and emergency care
- Staying safe
- Student support and other services.
Get access to resources
Check out resources for students to find out about access to facilities on campus, useful online tools, and much more.