Graduate research workshop - Early tasks and considerations
This workshop is intended for students in the early stages of their Masters by Research or PhD candidature. The workshop covers topics that represent the most important tasks of early stage candidature (pre-confirmation). There will be time at the end of the workshop for questions and answers.
The topics include:
- Establishing first year goals and managing the initial stage of your candidature
- Critically reviewing the literature and finding a place for your research.
- Refining your research questions/topics and establishing research methodology/approach.
- Developing an effective supervisor-student relationship - joining the research community.
- Organising technology to assist productivity.