How to publish strategically: Tips, tools and what to avoid
Choosing how and where to publish your research is crucial to maximise the reach of your work. This session introduces key tools to help graduate research students and early career researchers identify and evaluate publishing options.
- Identifying peer-reviewed journals in your research field, journal ranking and analysis tools
- Formulating a publication plan and overview of Thesis by Publication
- Introduction to Open-access publishing
- What is an Orcid and why do I need one? (Digital identities for researchers)
- Ethical publishing: thesis mills, predatory publishers and how to avoid them.