Public Access and Your Thesis (May)
This session will provide you with an overview of University of Melbourne policy governing public access to graduate research theses including:
- An overview of the systems used for examination and open access publishing: TES and Minerva Access.
- The benefits of making a thesis open access, along with a consideration of potential issues.
- Selecting and applying embargo periods to:
- protect commercial IP
- patent applications
- legally/politically sensitive information, and;
- your ability to publish.
- Managing 3rd-party copyright.
- Issues to be aware of early if planning to submit a thesis-with-publication.
Presenter: Dimity Flanagan
This event is part of the Researcher@Library program. It is open to all University of Melbourne staff and students.