Public Access and Your Thesis (For graduate researchers and supervisors)
This workshop covers everything you need to know to prepare a PhD or Master by Research thesis for the University's Open Access Repository (Minerva Access). The concepts covered are essential knowledge for graduate researchers at all stages of their thesis, and their supervisors.
- An overview of the University policy on public access to graduate research theses;
- An overview of the systems used for examination and Open Access publishing: TES and Minerva Access;
- The benefits of making a thesis open access, along with a consideration of potential issues
- Planning for open access publication, including how to manage 3rd-party copyright material;
- Issues to be aware of early if planning to submit a Thesis-with-publication;
- Selecting and applying embargo periods to protect your ability to publish after thesis submission;
- How to protect commercial IP, patent applications, and legally/politically sensitive information.
This workshop is relevant to all graduate researchers and their supervisors.
Presenter: Jenny McKnight