How to cancel a form in my.unimelb

What follows is a step by step guide on how to cancel forms that you do not intend to submit for approval because you have submitted another form or you no longer require the requested change.

Please note that this guide doesn’t apply if:

  • A request form has already been submitted or;
  • If a form is created for a leave of absence or to withdraw from your course.

In the above instances, you will be unable to cancel this request. Please contact your faculty’s graduate research administrator and provide the form ID and form name (ie. Request Change of Study Rate #12345), telling them form was submitted or created in error and should be rejected.

1. If you have a form already started or opened that is not a leave or withdrawal request, and you do not intend to submit for approval

a. Log into my.unimelb

b. Click on Graduate Research tab

c. Click on Graduate Research Forms Portal button. This will open a new tab where you can view your submitted and in progress forms.

d. Click on the Responses tab.

e. Click on the title of the student form with a status of Yet to be submitted that you wish to cancel.

f. Click on the View button.

g. This will open a new window with a full page view of the form, you can now click on the Edit button to update the form details.

h. Locate the Cancel Form checkbox and tick the box. It will be on page one of the three-page form.

i. Click the Save button.

j. Go to page three of the form and click on the Submit for Processing button.

k. The form’s status has now been updated to Cancelled.