The Chancellor's Prize for Excellence in the PhD Thesis is awarded each year to up to six nominees. A seventh award may be made to an Indigenous candidate. You are eligible for nomination if you completed your degree in the previous year.
Nominations are made by faculties on the basis of:
- International recognition and impact of the research
- Publications or other research outputs that arise from or relate to your thesis
- Recognition of the research (by professional organisations, prizes and awards, invitations to conferences, etc).
Preference is given to theses that are passed without amendment. Theses passed with minor changes may also be considered.
Humanities, Creative Arts and Social Sciences
- Simona CASTRICUM (Architecture, Building and Planning)
- Claire Louise PARNELL (School of Culture and Communications)
Science and Engineering
- Heyou ZHANG (School of Chemistry)
- Lucy Amelia SPARROW (School of Computing and Information Systems)
Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Divyangana RAKESH (Department of Psychiatry)
- Victoria Ximena SORIANO HARRIS (Department of Paediatrics)
- Shawana ANDREWS (Department of Social Work)
There are many other opportunities available. Check the full list of awards, scholarships and prizes.