Public Access and Your Thesis (Webinar)
Get an overview of everything you need to know to prepare a PhD or Masters by Research thesis for the University's Open Access Repository.
- An overview of University of Melbourne policy governing public access to graduate research theses.
- An overview of the systems used for examination and open access publishing: TES and Minerva Access.
- The benefits of making a thesis open access, along with a consideration of potential issues.
- Selecting and applying embargo periods to protect commercial IP, patent applications, legally/politically sensitive information, and your ability to publish.
- Managing 3rd-party copyright.
- Issues to be aware of early if planning to submit a thesis-with-publication